It’s already the end of the week again and I have been looking forward to the weekend since Monday! It’s one of my best friend’s wedding down in the New Forest so I have my fingers and toes crossed that the sun shines for her. I love weddings and can’t believe that my husband and I have now been married almost 5 months ….. time flies!
I’ve been trying not to spend too much money on lunches this week. Working in Mayfair is not very purse friendly and spending £10 on a bog standard salad’s simply ludicrous.
As you know I love eggs and butternut squash, so what better way to enjoy them both than to combine them in a flavourful frittata. Frittatas one of those dishes that you can literally put almost anything into that you have in your fridge / store cupboard, it’s a great one for leftovers and combines delicious + nutritious in one bite. It’s quick to make, easy to transport and perfect for lunch with some avocado or salad.
What you need:
To fill a 9”/9” baking dish
*1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
* 1 pak choi
* 1/2 butternut squash
*3 spring onions
*1 large tsp turmeric
*1 tsp sea salt
*1/4 cup ground almonds
* 1 tbsp tapioca flour *OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 190°c
- De-skin the butternut squash and chop in to bite sized chunks
- Place in to boiling water and simmer until soft, allow to cool
- In to a mixing bowl place the eggs, chives, turmeric, salt and tapioca and fully combine
- Add in butternut squash and all greenery (including pumpkin seeds), stir carefully until fully mixed
- Place in to a greased baking dish and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until fully set and golden on top
- Serve in bite size pieces with a side salad or some roasted vegetables and home made pesto dip