Sunday mornings are notoriously a day of rest and baking in our little home, so waking up to the sun blazing through the windows and the wonderfully talented Deliciously Ella’s most recent You Tube clip in my inbox, it was looking like a perfect Sunday. Ella’s raw brownies were quick, simple and looked so utterly divine that I decided to give them a go with a couple of my own ingredient tweaks.
The brownies were completed in minimal time and effort and I am not ashamed to admit that quite frankly these are the most delicious brownies I have ever made with not an oven, dairy product or gluten grain in sight!
What you need:
To make 12 brownies
*2 cups medjool dates
*1/4 cup desiccated coconut
*1 1/2 cups mixed macadamia and hazelnuts
*1 tsp cacao
*1 desert spoon raw honey (optional depending on how sweet you want it)
- Into a blender place your mixed nuts and pulse until fine mixture
- Add in all the rest of your ingredients and blend on high-speed until mixture begins to stick and binds together in to a ball
- Take out and press down in to a tin (the smaller the tin the thicker the brownies!)
- Place in to the fridge for at least 2 hrs
- Decorate with raw cacao nibs/ pecans / berries etc
- Slice into edible squares and serve
Suitable for: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo
Best served in a sunny garden with some fresh mint tea…I promise you will not be disappointed!