With the Festive / party season fast approaching, wood burners being lit and the heating cranked up, these mini sage and apple savoury bites are the perfect taste tantaliser. Have along side a festive feast or enjoy with a cheeky glass of mulled wine at a pre-Christmas party! They are easy to make and delicious eaten hot or cold. I usually make around 12-14 per batch, but you could make them smaller to make them more party finger food friendly or indeed bigger.
To make these I put all the raw ingredients in to one bowl and use my hands to get messy! I use butchers gluten-free sausage meat but you could also use ground pork as both work really well. I personally would say I prefer the sausage meat taste and texture but either are delicious so the choice is yours! For those interested in the carb content (based on 12 balls) it is 2g carb per ball, so very blood sugar friendly!
- 450g pure sausage meat (I always buy this from the butcher, but if you are buying from a supermarket please be aware of added ingredients) or alternatively use ground pork
- 100g white onion, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP Ground Almonds
- 100g apple, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°c / 350°f
- Place all ingredients in to a mixing bowl and using your hands fully combine until the mixture is evenly mixed
- Roll in to edible sized balls and place in to the oven for 25 minutes before turning the balls and then placing back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked through
- Serve immediately hot or allow to cool and store in the refrigerator and eat cold. To be eaten within 3 days of making.